This list of books and papers written by Clarence will be developed with time,
hopefully to include significant unpublished works in museums and the family collection.
- 1885 “Flowering Plants and Ferns of the Riviera and Neighbouring Mountains” drawn and described by Clarence Bicknell. London, Trübner & Co., Ludgate Hill. Colour lithographs by West, Newman & Co. Dedicated to Il Cav. Francesco Panizzi.
- 1896 "Flora of Bordighera and San Remo" by Clarence Bicknell (unillustrated list of species drawn up on the basis of his excursions) published by Pietro Gibelli of Bordighera.
- 1897 Clarence reports to the Society of Antiquaries of London (published in its proceedings Volume 17 / June 1899, pp 43-50.
- 1897 Clarence reads a paper to the Societa Ligusticà in Genoa, published in 1898 as “Le figure incise sulle rocce di Val Fontanalba” (copy in the Bodleian Library, Oxford).
- 1902 “The prehistoric rock engravings in the Italian Maritime Alps” by Clarence Bicknell, printed by Pietro Gibelli, Bordighera (a second edition was published in 1911).
- 1903 “Further explorations in the regions of the prehistoric rock engravings in the Italian Maritime Alps” by Clarence Bicknell, printed by Pietro Gibelli, Bordighera
- 1913 “A Guide to the Prehistoric Rock Engravings in the Italian Maritime Alps” by Clarence Bicknell, printed by Giuseppe Bessone, Bordighera, with 46 monochrome plates, of which some are photos of the sites and some are reproductions of the engravings.